Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Update on Sacrifice tower film / Silk screen.


On Tuesday morning I began by doing a Silk Screen induction. Silk screen printing isn’t what I was expecting it to be, and is actually a lot more interesting than I thought. The process is something I would like to use more in my work and I look forward to finding different ways to use the silk screen process as well as the print workshops. 

Original acetate sheet

Print One

Print Two

The rest of the day was dedicated to fixing the wooden sacrifice tower. I began by going to a local park to look for sticks, luckily I found a tree that had fallen over which made the stick easier. After I had completed the wooden tower, I realised that I was going to have to burn it somewhere. After some thought I decided I would wait to burn the tower on Bonfire night, where it is much more acceptable to be an arsonist.  
But with already having actors coming to complete this project, I think it will be a good idea to start another project.
I intend to use my actors to make quick version of a film idea I have, there will be no costumes, or correct locations and I will use a not very good camera. It will however give me a feel if the film is working right or not, and let me discuss it with other people, and it will also mean that I have something to show people, when it comes to finding locations and actors. Making the process much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment